Belly fat is one common issue for men and women irrespective of their age. People who take up sedentary jobs usually face such problems and inspite of heavy exercises or hitting the gym regularly, they never seem to reduce the excess flab. But what many of us do not realize is that belly fat can be easily reduced not by exercises but only by a balanced diet. This is possible provided you eat right and that too at the right time. Many health experts and fitness gurus advise people to eat well to shed their weight.
Fad diets are popular everywhere and fitness freaks resort to such diets to shed weight and tone their body. Such diets only starve the body and lead to various heart disorders. Since the human body is used to eating all kinds of food at regular intervals, it cannot suddenly take the special diets and the cells tend to starve. The body must be slowly trained to take a balanced diet and starvation must be completely avoided. Here are a few things you must include in your diet and exclude, if you wish to lose belly fat. It takes time but the results are guaranteed.
- Take a lot of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. All kinds of fruits and leafy vegetables have a lot of natural minerals and vitamins necessary for the body. They flush out toxins from the body which are responsible for fat cell accumulation.
- Stay away from dairy products like cheese, butter and yoghurt. These products are rich in fat content and will add a lot of flab to your belly. If you cannot completely avoid them, try eating lesser quantities and that too once a week. That will keep you away from belly fat.
- Artificial sweeteners and carbonated drinks disturb the metabolism of the body and do not allow the calories to be burnt completely. If the calories are not burnt on time, they will accumulate in the areas like your stomach, thighs, hips and the elbows. Avoid sweeteners and sodas. It will surely help.
- Drink atleast 2 to 3 cups of green tea everyday. Green tea contains polyphenols that aid in body metabolism and they break down fat products very easily. That is why people who take a lot of green tea stay away from cardiovascular diseases and other obesity related problems. Green tea will surely tackle belly fat.
- Whole grains and lentils are good sources of proteins and they keep you full till a very long time. That will stop you from eating many times in a day. Moreover, the fiber in the grains clears constipation and other digestive problems.
- Finally, take a lot of water. This is the best drink for people in all seasons. A glass of water just before lunch and dinner will kill your hunger and you will surely end up eating less.